Jennifer E. Nathan, MD, Member of the American College of Radiology® Radiology Leadership Institute (ACR RLI) Board, and Frank J. Lexa, MD, MBA, FACR, Chief Medical Officer of the RLI and Chair of the RLI Board, contributed this post.
In 2012, the ACR launched the RLI to address the need for strong physician leaders to overcome the increasingly complex challenges of the 21st century healthcare landscape. This year, we are thrilled to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the ACR RLI.
Over the past decade, the RLI has grown far beyond our original expectations. Over 9,000 people have participated in the only comprehensive leadership and professional development training program dedicated to serving radiologists. We provide participants with a powerful toolbox of skills to improve their practices and departments. The RLI offers a broad range of courses and training for radiologists at all phases of their careers from resident and fellows in training up to the executive level. ACR RLI programs empower both aspiring and experienced leaders to thrive in today’s challenging healthcare landscape. Below, we share a brief overview of our offerings:
- Leadership Essentials is designed to provide residents and fellows with the foundational leadership and non-interpretive skills critical during and post-residency.
- As residents and fellows continue in their careers, the RLI Kickstart Your Career Workshop provides a strong foundation of how to most effectively enter the radiology workforce, including how to fine tune your interviewing skills, evaluate a job offer, select the right career path for you, and identify a mentor.
- The ACR-RBMA Practice Leadership Forum offers participants management skills and tips on successful business/practice operations.
- Maximize Your Influence and Impact teaches participants how to align radiology with hospital boardrooms and better steward operations, finances and relationships within an organization.
- RLI Power Hour is a free, bi-monthly webinar series with high impact topics from experts tailored to the constantly evolving radiology landscape. Recent topics include health equity, pearls of leadership and impacts of the pandemic on the workforce.
- Finally, the annual RLI Summit provides attendees of all career stages with the opportunity to learn from the best business and radiology experts.
As we celebrate our first decade, we’ve heard from so many people in the U.S. and from around the world who shared their stories of how the RLI had changed their careers and lives. They told us how the RLI helped them get a job, receive a promotion and to take on bigger challenges in their professional lives. We are very proud of our impact, but we aren’t done.
Our mantra is that leadership is for everyone, and the RLI is proud to offer continually improved programming to support you at every step in your career. We look forward to supporting you along that journey.
Please share your thoughts in the comments section below, and join the discussion on Engage (login required).