The BI-RADS atlas provides standardized breast imaging terminology, report organization, assessment structure and a classification system for mammography, ultrasound and MRI of the breast. BI-RADS reporting enables radiologists to communicate results to the referring physician clearly and consistently, with a final assessment and specific management recommendations.
Through a medical audit and outcome monitoring, the system provides important mechanisms for peer review and quality assurance data to improve the quality of patient care. Standardized results permit maintenance and analysis of demographic and outcome data. BI-RADS Atlas 5th Edition preface »
The BI-RADS atlas includes:
- Over 700 clinical images
- Follow-up and outcome monitoring includes mammography, ultrasound and MRI
- Updated breast composition descriptors
- Guidance with FAQ for each section
- New elasticity assessment descriptors for ultrasound
- New breast implant descriptors for MRI
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.