Leadership in radiology is more important than ever as we battle the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. To help radiology leaders guide their practices, departments and institutions through this unprecedented national health hazard, the ACR has collected the radiology-specific materials below.
These materials are not intended to be — nor offered as — comprehensive medical guidelines, but may be of help as radiology leaders work to protect patients, providers, staff and practices from the effects of COVID-19.
Submit coronavirus-related questions to COVID19@acr.org (only COVID-19 clinical, economic or leadership queries - not for accreditation questions).
Webinars and Podcasts
- Free May 28 Webinar - COVID Recovery: Practice Management Post-Pandemic - A free JACR-sponsored webinar brings together leaders from throughout the specialty to discuss how to move forward in the aftermath of the pandemic — added May 18
- Free ACR® Webinar: What Might Your Practice Look Like Post-Peak COVID-19? - Expert speakers discuss major changes they anticipate to their diverse radiology business and practice models, following the expected COVID-19 peak — added May 6
- AIMed Radiology Keynote from ACR Board of Chancellors Chair Geraldine B. McGinty, MD, MBA, FACR - Join Dr. McGinty for a discussion of "Radiology’s Post Pandemic Future." CME is available. — added May 5
- RLI Leadership Town Hall: Leading in Times of Crisis Webinar Recording - In the face of unprecedented health, social, and economic turmoil, five radiology leaders share their perspectives of what’s happening on the ground in their locations, how they are leading and their strategies for coping — added April 17
- JACR Webinar on COVID-19 and Your Practice — Radiology leaders discuss how to address practice management challenges stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic — View Slide Deck
- Taking the Lead Podcast: In uncertain times, strong leaders are more important than ever. Find inspiration and wisdom in these leadership conversations.
- Optimize Your Team Performance During a Crisis: During the recent RLI course, Maximize Your Influence and Impact, ACR Board of Chancellors Chair Geraldine B. McGinty, MD, MBA, FACR, shared how radiology middle managers can optimize contributions during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Crisis Leadership: Frank Lexa, MD, MBA, FACR, shares how great leadership is the secret to meeting challenges and crises that we will face in 2020 and beyond. Lexa explores the importance of leadership and team management skills in managing crises — and strategies to build effective team relationships with administration and physicians in other disciplines — added April 16
ACR Bulletin and JACR Resources
Radiologist Discusses How to Stop COVID-19 Spread on Popular Medical Podcast