Detailed ACR Member Benefits
Join 38,000 radiologists, radiation oncologists, interventional radiologists, nuclear medicine physicians, medical physicists and allied health professionals who have discovered the advantages of ACR membership.
Receive these four industry-leading publications free of charge:
ACR Events and State Chapter Networking Opportunities
With 54 chapters, we represent state and local interests for our profession and encourage you to get involved with your chapter.
In addition to state and local representation, representatives from our Board of Chancellors are actively involved with subspecialty organizations, ensuring our representation on behalf of all radiologists.
With more than 1,000 members on 140-plus ACR commissions and committees all working to better serve the interests of radiologists, you have the opportunity to get involved and help make a difference!
Representation on Capitol Hill and in State Legislatures
We work to protect and preserve the future of radiology. The ACR ensures the voice of radiology profession is heard by:
- Articulating and defending the positions of radiology with testimony before the Congress and interaction with government agencies
- Working closely with CMS to optimize Medicare and Medicaid coverage and reimbursement levels for radiology services
- Working closely with the FDA on issues related to the Mammography Quality Standards Act of 1992 and new drug and medical device approvals
- Working through the political process with RADPAC® to ensure that radiologists’ concerns remain at the legislative forefront
- Establishing radiology practice standards to ensure delivery of quality radiology services nationwide
- Supporting practice-changing imaging and radiation oncology research through the ACR Center for Research and Innovation in Philadelphia
- Promoting radiology before managed care organizations and other third-party payers
- Working with the AMA Relative Value Update Committee and the CPT® Editorial Panel to ensure proper reimbursement for radiological procedures