QCDR participants can report a combination of QCDR and MIPS measures to fulfill reporting requirements for the Quality category. Participants can also use the QCDR to select activities for the Improvement Activities category.
Below are highlights of the measure changes in 2023:
- Score threshold stays the same (75 points).
- Category weights stays the same (30% quality, 30% cost, 25% PI, 15% IA).
- Quality measure deciles now 1–10 instead of 3–10.
- Non-benchmarked measures older than two years default to 0 points.
- Quality measure data completeness now 75% (up from 70%).
- #76: Prevention of Central Venous Catheter (CVC)-Related Bloodstream Infections.
- #110: Preventive Care and Screening: Influenza Immunization.
- #111: Pneumococcal Vaccination Status for Older Adults.
- #265: Biopsy Follow-Up.
- #323: Cardiac Stress Imaging Not Meeting Appropriate Use Criteria: Routine Testing After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI).
- #145: Radiology: Exposure Dose Indices Reported for Procedures Using Fluoroscopy. Numerator no longer accepts exposure time and number of images; must include radiation dose indices (reference air kerma, kerma-area product, or peak skin dose).