Groups and individuals using the ACR® National Radiology Data Registry (NRDR®) as a Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) for the 2020 Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) performance year can report their performance data to CMS through the NRDR MIPS Participation Portal CMS Submission tab.
The CMS Submission tab allows users to select Quality measures, Improvement Activities and Promoting Interoperability measures (if applicable). Once a user has finalized their selections, each performance category can be submitted to CMS by clicking the “Submit to CMS” button next to the TIN or NPI for which they are reporting. Users can also click the “View Score” button, once a category has been submitted, to see a preliminary score for their 2020 MIPS performance.
Here are key points for finalizing your 2020 MIPS submission:
- Data submission for MIPS Quality measures should be complete now; however, the portal is still open for uploads when corrections are needed. Use these next few weeks to review your submitted data, confirm that it’s correct and finalize CMS submission using the NRDR MIPS Participation Portal.
- The MIPS Participation Portal opened for CMS submission on Feb. 1. If you have submitted all Quality measure data, selected your Improvement Activities and confirmed that all data is correct, you can submit your data to CMS right now. All categories can now be submitted, including Quality, Improvement Activities and Promoting Interoperability (if applicable — many radiologists are exempt from the PI category). There is a separate “Submit to CMS” button for each category.
- Once you have submitted your MIPS data, you can view a preliminary score report by clicking “View Score” on the CMS Submission page. This will give you a general idea of how you are going to score, but might increase once final scores are available in July.
- All MIPS data must be submitted by March 31. If you have already submitted your MIPS data, you can resubmit your data any time between now and March 31 if you need to update/correct anything you’ve submitted.
- For users who want to start submitting 2021 MIPS measure data, that functionality is available as well. Get more information about MIPS measures and QCDR measures available for the 2021 MIPS performance year.