Following are key factors for successful participation in an improvement collaborative. Successful organizations have:
- Department leaders who are supportive of and willing to manage change.
- A team of engaged front-line staff and leaders to participate in the program and do project work.
- An improvement coach with quality improvement experience.
- An organizational sponsor to provide time and resources for the project.
- The capability to track and report data about improvement progress on a weekly basis and to perform manual image audits or report reviews as needed.
- Ability to commit to a six-month training program and to the personnel resources as described in the table below.
- A desire to join a community committed to improving and collaborating to create the best experience for your staff and patients.