By Catherine Everett, MD, MBA, FACR
Letter from the Chair Fall 2020
Thanks to all of you who participated in the SRS needs assessment survey. We have carefully reviewed the results, including a thumbs-up on the newsletter and approval of activities involving mentoring, fellowship, interest groups and retirement planning. Luckily, we have a few hardy souls who will help plan events for our section.
Our new steering committee members are as follows:
- Chair: Catherine Everett, MD, MBA, FACR (no other takers, unfortunately)
- Vice Chair: Diana F. Guthaner, MD, FACR
- Newsletter Editor and Chair of Senior Mentorship: Ronald G. Evens, MD, FACR
- Young Physician Mentor Work Group: Andrew Berkow, MD, MBA, FACR and Johnson B. Lightfoote, MD, FACR
The entire committee, along with Eileen LaGreca and Brad Short, will be organizing a series of webinars for SRS members, beginning January 2021. Topics will be varied, to include a variety of educational and fun ideas.
Examples of upcoming webinars:
- How to Navigate Medicare.
- End of Life Planning: Nuts and Bolts Required for You to RIP.
- Downsizing: How to Let Go.
- Estate Planning: Potential Changes With the New Administration.
- Financial Planning: Potential Changes With the New Administration.
- RadAid and Other Volunteer Opportunities.
- Focused Diet and Exercise Planning: Examples From Our Members.
- Travel Experiences: Remote, Exotic, Special and Beloved.
Please let us know of any other ideas you would like to see considered.
Thank you again for your interest,