Herrington elected President of the ACR
William T. Herrington, MD, FACR, was elected president of the American College of Radiology® (ACR®) during the ACR 2023 annual meeting in Washington. Don Yoo, MD, FACR, was elected ACR vice president. Timothy A. Crummy, MD, MHA, FACR, was elected ACR Council speaker, and Kurt Schoppe, MD, was elected vice speaker.
President William T. Herrington, MD, FACR
Herrington is the immediate past chair of the ACR Commission on Membership and Communications, a former speaker of the ACR Council, and past chair of the ACR Governance Committee and ACR Task Force on Brand Strategy. He is a diagnostic radiologist with Athens Radiology Associates, P.C. in Athens, Ga., and former president of the Georgia Radiological Society, from which he received a Gold Medal in 2018. Herrington has also served on the ACR Executive, Government Relations and Council Steering Committees.
“Dr. Herrington is an inspiring and untiring leader who has served with distinction in his multiple ACR and professional roles,” said William T. Thorwarth Jr., MD, FACR, CEO of the ACR. “We look forward to his continued exemplary leadership in his role as ACR president.”
Vice President Don Yoo, MD, FACR
Yoo is the director of nuclear medicine at the Miriam Hospital, Providence, R.I., and a professor of diagnostic imaging, director of medical student radiology education, and co-director of the general radiology elective at the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. He is immediate past chair of the ACR Commission on Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, a member of the ACR Board of Chancellors, and a former president of the Rhode Island Radiological Society.
Council Speaker Timothy A. Crummy, MD, MHA, FACR
Crummy is a partner in Madison Radiologists, S.C., a Lucid Health company in Madison, Wis., and a past Chief Medical Officer and Associate Medical Director at SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital. He previously served as ACR Council vice speaker and member of the ACR Board of Chancellors and ACR Executive Committee. He is also a former president of the Wisconsin Radiological Society.
ACR Council Vice Speaker Kurt A. Schoppe, MD
Schoppe is president of Radiology Associates of North Texas in Dallas and an alternate panel member on economics to the American Medical Association/Specialty Society Relative Value Scale Update Committee (RUC). He is an immediate past member of the ACR Council Steering Committee and former chair of the Reimbursement and Practice Expense Committee under the ACR Commission on Economics.
Additional Chancellors Elected
• Amy L. Kotsenas, MD, FACR, of Rochester, Minn., was elected chair of the ACR Commission on Membership and Communication.
• Eric Rohren, MD, PhD, FACR, of Houston, was elected chair of the Commission on Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
• Arun Krishnaraj, MD, MPH, FACR, of Charlottesville, Va., was elected chair of the Commission on Patient- and Family-Centered Care.
• Lauren P. Nicola, MD, FACR, of Summerfield, N.C., was elected chair of the Commission on Ultrasound.
• Andrew B. Rosenkrantz, MD, FACR, of New York, was re-elected chair of the Commission on Body Imaging.
• Eric M. Rubin, MD, FACR, of Media, Pa., was re-elected chair of the Commission on Human Resources.
Council Steering Committee
• Juan C. Batlle, MD, MBA, FACR, of Boulder, Colo.
• Melissa L. Chen, MD, of Houston.
• Elizabeth Ann Ignacio, MD, FACR, of Kahului, Hawaii.
• Gaurang V. Shah, MD, FACR, of Ann Arbor, Mich.
College Nominating Committee
• Esma A. Akin, MD, FACR, of McLean, Va.
• Andrew Farach, MD, of Houston.
• J. Henry Williams, MD, of Jackson, Miss.
The newly elected leaders will assume their roles at the conclusion of ACR 2023, May 10.
To arrange an interview with an ACR member, contact Shawn Farley or Kevin R. Walter at PR@acr.org.