On Tuesday, Oct. 27, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released their preliminary participation data from the 2019 Quality Payment Program (QPP). Some notable results include:
- 44% of MIPS eligible clinicians engaged in QPP.
- Overall, MIPS engagement rose from 871,838 clinicians in 2018 to 930,219 clinicians in 2019.
- MIPS APM participation rose from 356,546 clinicians in 2018 to 416,281 clinicians in 2019.
- 83% of MIPS eligible clinicians received reweighting of one or more MIPS performance categories.
- The number of Qualifying Advanced Payment Model Participants rose from 183,306 clinicians in 2018 to 195,564 in 2019.
For more details from the 2019 preliminary participation report, see the CMS blog post and accompanying infographic.