On Tuesday, Oct. 27, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released their preliminary participation data from the 2019 Quality Payment Program (QPP). Some notable results include:
- 44% of MIPS eligible clinicians engaged in QPP.
- Overall, MIPS engagement rose from 871,838 clinicians in 2018 to 930,219 clinicians in 2019.
- MIPS APM participation rose from 356,546 clinicians in 2018 to 416,281 clinicians in 2019.
- 83% of MIPS eligible clinicians received reweighting of one or more MIPS performance categories.
- The number of Qualifying Advanced Payment Model Participants rose from 183,306 clinicians in 2018 to 195,564 in 2019.