As we near the end of the 2020 Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) reporting year, we would like to remind MIPS-eligible clinicians of some upcoming dates and deadlines that may be relevant to your practice:
- Dec. 31, 2020: Deadline to submit Promoting Interoperability Hardship Exception or Extreme and Uncontrollable Circumstances Exception applications. For more information, visit the Quality Payment Program Exception webpage.
- Dec. 31, 2020: Deadline to apply to be part of a “virtual group” for the 2021 MIPS performance year. For more information, see the Virtual Group Toolkit.
- Jan. 4, 2021: The MIPS submission portal opens. MIPS data can be submitted from Jan. 4 through March 31, 2021.
- March 1, 2021: Deadline for MIPS claims data to be submitted for the Quality performance category. Note that this is only relevant to users who are submitting via claims data and not to registry users.
- March 31, 2021: Final day to submit MIPS performance data to CMS.