The American College of Radiology Association® (ACRA®) Radiology Advocacy Network (RAN) is excited to introduce the RADVOCATE Leader Certificate, an initiative that helps American College of Radiology® (ACR®) members strengthen their understanding and expertise in the critical components of advocacy.
To complete the program, members must earn 20 credits within two years of registration. Credits are earned by completing programs and/or criteria in all aspects of government relations: state, federal, economic and regulatory advocacy campaigns; participation in RAN; and support of RADPAC®.
Upon completion of the program members will receive a digital signature certificate that can be added to their social media accounts and signature lines along with recognition at the ACR Annual Meeting. More information will be released soon, but we encourage all interested in the program to register now.
As a reminder to all ACR chapters, RAN is here to provide a myriad of resources and opportunities for involvement and support. These include but are not limited to:
- Radvocacy website — a one-stop-shop for all your advocacy needs.
- Advocacy webinars — quarterly webinars on best practices and advocacy updates.
- Quarterly newsletter.
- Calls to Action (CTA) — legislative alerts for both state and federal advocacy.
- If your state needs to garner support for a state issue or piece of legislation, we can support your efforts by creating a CTA that will go to your chapter members.
- Site visits — coordinating lawmaker visits to your facility.
- Social media engagement — coordinating social media outreach through @ACRRAN, RAN’s Twitter account.
- Tailored advocacy outreach — advocacy messaging created for targeted member audiences, including: pre-radiology RAN — medical students; RFS RAN — residents and fellows; and YPS RAN — members within the first eight years of practice or below age 40.
If you are interested in getting involved in RAN or need assistance with any advocacy resources, please contact Melody Ballesteros, ACR Assistant Director of Government Relations.