The mission of the ACR Foundation is to promote radiology by soliciting, accepting and managing resources to advance the strategic initiatives of the American College of Radiology (ACR). ACR members can donate to various funds of special interest to them or to the General Fund to give the Foundation the flexibility to respond where the need is greatest.
Highlights of ACR Foundationactivity in 2016 include:
- Welcoming more than 65 corporate partners to the ACR 2016 exhibit at ACR Annual Meeting
- Sending an annual appeal to all ACR members and established online giving opportunities
- Highlighting the work of the Foundation in a series of articles about the numerous Foundation funds ran in the ACR Bulletin beginning in May 2016
- Delivering the bi-annual ACR Foundation Update newsletter to all Foundation donors and ACR retirees, highlighting how member support makes a critical difference in the lives of many, from helping in Haiti to improving patient care
- Receiving more than 158 pledges for Phase I of the Radiology Leadership Institute® (RLI) Fund campaign from ACR leaders, individuals as well as corporations and chapters, in order to promote leadership training, technology development and scholarships