The ACR Practice Parameters and Technical Standards (PP & TS) help advance the science of radiology and improve the quality of service to patients in the United States. The PP & TS are revised on a five-year cycle and are considered either by the ACR Council at the ACR Annual Meeting or through the Council Steering Committee and Board of Chancellors process.
New Practice Parameters and Technical Standards
In addition to 34 revised documents, the ACR will propose five new parameters in 2018 — many of which are collaborative with other medical specialty societies. The new parameters include:
- ACR–ASNR–SIR–SNIS Practice Parameter for the Performance of Endovascular Embolectomy and Revascularization in Acute Stroke
- ACR–SPR Practice Parameter for the Performance of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of the Pediatric Spine
- ACR–ACNM Practice Parameter for the Performance of Fluorine-18 Fluciclovine-PET/CT for Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- ACR Practice Parameter for the Performance of Gallium-68 DOTATATE PET/CT Neuroendocrine Tumors
- ACR Practice Parameter for the Performance of Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (DBT)
In total, 39 PP & TS documents will be considered for approval in 2018. These proposed documents have already been through the field review process, where members have had an opportunity to comment.
Final comments can be presented by members who have been recognized by the speaker on the floor of the open session at ACR 2018 Annual Meeting. Access the PP & TS Handbook for more details.