Attendees from across the country gathered May 18–22 at the ACR 2019 Annual Meeting to gain vital education, advocate for the specialty and network with peers. The annual meeting featured activities of the ACR Council along with programming designed to support the needs of members, state chapter leaders, the ACR Resident and Fellow Section and the Young and Early Career Professional Section.
The ACR Council considered a total of 45 resolutions at ACR 2019. During the meeting, 44 resolutions passed, including 26 revised ACR Practice Parameters and Technical Standards (PP & TS) and seven new parameters. One PP & TS document — ACR Practice Parameter for Communication of Diagnostic Imaging Findings — was referred for further review.
The new ACR Practice Parameters include:
- ACR–ASNR–SPR Practice Parameter for the Performance of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of the Pediatric Spine
- ACR–ASNR–ASSR–SIR–SNIS Practice Parameter for the Performance of Image Guided Epidural Steroid Injection
- ACR–AIUM–SRU Practice Parameter for the Performance of Contrast Enhanced Ultrasound
- ACR–SRU Practice Parameter for the Performance of Ultrasound Elastography
- ACR Practice Parameter for the Performance of Whole-Breast Ultrasound for Screening and Staging
- ACR–ACNM–ASTRO–SNMMI–SPR Practice Parameter for Treatment of Benign and Malignant Thyroid Disease with 131I-Sodium Iodide
- ACR–ACNM–ASTRO–SNMMI Practice Parameter for the Performance of Therapy with Radium-223
Several of the PP & TS were a result of collaborative efforts between the ACR and other medical societies, such as the American Society of Neuroradiology, the Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound, the Society of Interventional Radiology and the Society for Pediatric Radiology.
The new and revised PP & TS will be available on the ACR website as soon as all final approvals from collaborating societies have been received, but no later than September 2019. The updated PP & TS will be effective on October 1, 2019.
Learn more about PP & TS and the processes for review and adoption »