The Radiology Support, Communication and Alignment Network (R-SCAN™) brings radiologists and referring clinicians together to improve imaging appropriateness based on a growing list of imaging Choosing Wisely topics .
Among the plethora of educational resources that R-SCAN offers for each topic, you can now access in-depth presentations about when to image based on Choosing Wisely and ACR Appropriateness Criteria®. Radiologists can use these new tools to lead a presentation for referring physicians or to share with their colleagues.
Presentations for two of the most popular Choosing Wisely topics are now available for download:
- Low Back Pain Presentation: When to Image Based on Choosing Wisely and ACR Appropriateness Criteria [Download Powerpoint]
- CTA for Pulmonary Embolism Presentation: When to Image Based on Choosing Wisely and ACR Appropriateness Criteria [Download Powerpoint]
We’ll be adding presentations for each of the Choosing Wisely topics throughout the first quarter of 2018, so be sure to check the R-SCAN Topic-Specific Resources page for updates.
Earn Improvement Activity Credits With R-SCAN
By completing one R-SCAN project together, both radiologists and referring clinicians can meet all of their annual Improvement Activity (IA) credit requirements under the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS).
Here are three easy steps to get your R-SCAN project off the ground in 2018:
- Start looking at available topics and choose the one that best suits your community
- Talk to your clinical colleagues and find a physician champion who is passionate about reducing unnecessary imaging (and remind them they will get IA credits, too)
- Review all of the resources available for your chosen topic, including patient-facing materials