Hometown: Canton, MI
Undergrad: Wayne State University
Medical School: Wayne State University SOM
Residency: TY Beaumont Dearborn, Radiology University of Michigan
- Why did you go into medicine? I have always been intrigued by human physiology.
- What attracted you to radiology? During medical school I became fascinated by imaging and the role it plays in patient care. It is the perfect blend of procedures, diagnostic skills and is intellectually fascinating, whether you pursue diagnostic or interventional radiology.
- What do you like about your everyday life in radiology? The constant learning and working alongside incredible co-residents, attendings and mentors.
- How do you feel as a woman in a male-dominated field? I am fortunate to be in a residency class that is approximately half females. In addition, there is a tremendous amount of support from female radiologists at both my medical school and residency program here at Michigan. I have been lucky to have had support from both men and women in my pursuit to enter radiology and continue on my journey to be a radiologist.
- Why do you think medical students should go into radiology? Radiology is the best-kept secret in medicine. The people in radiology are passionate, you affect diagnosis and management, helping both clinicians and patients, you keep learning for life/stay current with diagnostic techniques and procedures, and meet inspiring people in the field who make a difference in medicine.