The new American College of Radiology® (ACR®) Champions of Imaging 3.0 contest allows practices to highlight their use of Imaging 3.0 case studies to spark homegrown innovations or import innovative approaches into their practices. The goal of the competition is to help:
- improve patient outcomes or experience
- manage public health
- increase the value and role of radiology in integrated care teams
This first round of the competition for the 2019–2020 period will focus on the topics of Clinical Decision Support and Appropriate Use Criteria. Other radiology-related topics will be covered in subsequent years.
Competitors can submit a nomination to be recognized by describing their emulation of, or improvement upon, concepts in a published Imaging 3.0 case study (or studies).
The winner of the Champions of Imaging 3.0 contest will be determined through a combination of expert choice and popular vote.
- Finalists will be determined by a selection committee
- Those submissions will be posted to ACR.org where the public can vote for their favorite entry
The competition schedule is as follows:
- Nomination forms are available now and will be accepted through March 31, 2020
- Popular voting will commence May 1–29, 2020
- Winners will be recognized at the October 2020 ACR Quality and Safety Conference
For more information, visit the Champions of Imaging 3.0 page on ACR.org.