ACR Names Gold Medalists, Honorary Fellows and Distinguished Achievement Awardee
The American College of Radiology (ACR) Board of Chancellors (BOC) selected three innovators as 2019 Gold Medalists for their extraordinary service to the College or radiology. Honors will be bestowed during the ACR 2019 Annual Meeting, to be held May 18–22, 2019, in Washington, DC.
The following individuals will receive the ACR Gold Medal:
- Bibb Allen, Jr., MD, FACR, of Birmingham, AL, chief medical officer of the American College of Radiology Data Science Institute™, diagnostic radiologist in the Birmingham Radiological Group, former chair of the ACR Board of Chancellors and former ACR President
- Manuel L Brown, MD, FACR, of Detroit, MI, former ACR president, former chair of the ACR Nuclear Medicine Commission, and chair of the department of radiology, Henry Ford Hospital and Health Network
- David C. Kushner MD, FACR, of Virginia Beach, VA, former president of the ACR, former chair of the ACR Commission on Membership and Communications, and current Associate Medical Director for Quality and Safety, Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters, Norfolk, Virginia
The following candidates were approved by the ACR BOC to receive Honorary Fellowships in recognition of their contributions to the science or practice of radiology:
- Seung Hyup Kim MD, of Seoul, South Korea, professor of radiology and urology at the Seoul National University (SNU) College of Medicine, South Korea
- Anne W.M. Lee MD, MBBS, of Hong Kong, China, clinical professor, Department of Clinical Oncology, The University of Hong Kong
In addition, James L. Morrison, of Leesburg, VA, will receive the Distinguished Achievement Award for notable service to the College and the profession. Morrison served as ACR assistant executive director of membership, retiring in 2013 after nearly 18 years at the ACR.
The ACR 2019 Annual Meeting will be held May 18–22, 2019, at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, DC.