May 21, 2018
American College of Radiology Awards Gold Medalists and Honorary Fellows
Honors Conferred at ACR 2018 Annual Meeting
RESTON, VA— The American College of Radiology (ACR) Board of Chancellors (BOC) selected three innovators as 2018 Gold Medalists for their extraordinary service to the College or radiology. Honors were bestowed Sunday, May 20, during the ACR Annual Fellowship Convocation, held during the ACR 2018 Annual Meeting in Washington, DC.
The following individuals received the ACR Gold Medal:
- Marilyn J. Goske, MD, FACR, of Lexington, MA, chair emeritus of the Image Gently Alliance and professor/clinical emerita, department of radiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Barry D. Pressman, MD, FACR, of Los Angeles, CA, former ACR president and chair of the department of radiology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center
- Donald L. Resnick MD, FACR, of Del Mar, CA, former president of the International Skeletal Society, and professor emeritus, department of radiology, University of California, San Diego
|Marilyn J. Goske, MD, FACR
|| Barry D. Pressman, MD, FACR
|| Donald L. Resnick MD, FACR
The following candidates received Honorary Fellowships in recognition of their contributions to the science or practice of radiology.
- Corrado Bibbolino, MD, of Rome, Italy, former chief of the department of radiology and department of clinical services and clinical research at the (Italy) National Institute for Infectious Diseases
- Yasushi Nagata, MD, of Hiroshima, Japan, professor and chair of radiation oncology at Hiroshima University Graduate School of Medical Sciences