The American College of Radiology (ACR®) reiterated its concerns regarding the implementation of Medicare’s CT and MR cost center policy in a formal comment letter submitted this week to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) on its calendar year (CY) 2020 Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (HOPPS) proposed rule.
The ACR requested that CMS set weights based on a single diagnostic radiology cost-to-charge ratio (CCR), the same policy that CMS applied before it created separate CT and MRI standard cost centers in 2011.
The ACR also commented on the following topics relevant to radiology:
- Proposed Calculation and Use of CCRs
- Proposed Ambulatory Payment Classification (APC) Placement of New and Revised CY 2020 Category I and III CPT Codes
- Proposed APC Placement of New CY 2020 Nuclear Medicine Codes New Technology Application
- Proposed APC Placement of Cardiac CT CPT Codes
- Proposed Change in APC Placement for CPT Code 0503T
- Supervision Level for Outpatient Therapeutic Services in Hospitals and Critical Access Hospitals
Your comments and questions may be directed to ACR Economics Policy Analyst Christina Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org.