Call for Nominations
The 2018 Call for Nominations is now closed. Information on all candidates is listed below.
Nominees for 2018 Positions
At ACR 2018, the ACR Council will vote on the following slate of candidates recommended by the College Nominating Committee (CNC).
- James A. Brink, MD, FACR, of Boston, for president.
- Marta Hernanz-Schulman, MD, FACR, of Nashville, Tenn., for vice president.
Board of Chancellors
The CNC recommends the following members be considered for election to the BOC:
- Alan H. Matsumoto, MD, FACR, of Charlottesville, Va., has been recommended to run for a first three-year term to chair the Commission on Interventional and Cardiovascular Radiology.
- Mahadevappa Mahesh, MS, PhD, FACR, of Baltimore, and Tariq A. Mian, PhD, FACR, of Paradise Valley, Ariz., have been recommended to run for a first three-year term to chair the Commission on Medical Physics.
- Richard A. Barth, MD, FACR, of Stanford, Calif., has been recommended to run for a first three-year term to chair the Commission on Pediatric Radiology.
- Kimberly E. Applegate, MD, MS, FACR, of Lexington, Ky., Daniel L. Rubin, MD, MS, of Palo Alto, Calif., and Richard Strax, MD, FACR, of Houston, have been recommended to run for a three-year term for an open position on the BOC.
- C. Matthew Hawkins, MD, of Decatur, Ga., and Andrew B. Rosenkrantz, MD, MPA, of New York City, have been recommended to run for a two-year term as YPS representative.
- Mary C. Mahoney, MD, of Cincinnati, has been recommended to serve as the RSNA representative for a second three-year term.
Council Steering Committee
Of the following eight candidates, four are to be elected in a contested election by the Council to serve a two-year term on the CSC:
- Catherine J. Everett, MD, MBA, FACR, of New Bern, N.C.
- Elaine R. Lewis, MD, FACR, of Reading, Pa.
- Johnson B. Lightfoote, MD, FACR, of West Covina, Calif.
- Gregory N. Nicola, MD, FACR, of New York City
- William F. Sensakovic, PhD, of Longwood, Fla.
- Adam W. Specht, MD, of Virginia Beach, Va.
- Eric J. Stern, MD, FACR, of SeattlePaul Wing-Cheung Wong, MD, of Akron, Ohio
College Nominating Committe
Of the following four candidates, three are to be elected in a contested election by the Council to serve a two year term on the CNC:
- Zaihleen S. Keller, MD, of Laguna Niguel, Calif.
- Brian F. King, MD, of Los Angeles
- Gaurang V. Shah, MD, FACR, of Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Syed Furqan H. Zaidi, MD, of Moreland Hills, Ohio
Private Practice Representative
Ronald V. Hublall, MD, FACR, of Sayre, Pa., was selected for one two-year term as a private-practice representative to the Intersociety Summer Conference, effective in July 2018.